Site Manager Certification in the Wedding/Event Industry
Cost of course
- Cost of The Site Manager Certification Course: $1000.00
- Ask about our group rates.
Each registrant for the course will be interviewed at time of registration to discuss the points that he/she wants to have answered/better tools for and which address his/her individual company. This course is developed for the seasoned wedding and event On-site Manager/Catering Director who wants to increase his/her business productivity, get greater visibility in the media and have established tools to better service the wedding/event client as well as work more efficiently with wedding/event vendors.
The program is designed to teach you effective formulas for doing better business and will cover the following topics: How to Build Stronger Professional Partnerships, Marketing on a Local and National Level, Increasing ones Visibility, The Necessity of Two-Five-Ten Year Business Plans and Increasing Your Company's Productivity and Tools for Working More Adeptly with Vendors as well as the Wedding/Event Client.
Successful Completion of the Program will lead to "June Wedding, Inc.® (JWI) Vendor Certification" entitling the use of the initials "JWIC" (June Wedding Inc.® Certified) after your personal name and is valid as long as the person/company remains a JWI member in good standing. Attendance of two group seminars, one individual consultation and prompt completion of homework are required. Each seminar will last about two and one-half hours. Participants must be JWI Members.
- Marketing: While it is true that each site has a Marketing Division that is separate from their Catering Department, it is of great value that a Catering Director's weddings/events receive exposure in the media. What better person to do this than the Director of Catering? This session of our program will provide tools for the Director of Catering to more effectively work with his/her Marketing Department; and, in turn, encourage the potential for the weddings/events at that site to be written about in local and national publications. Creating a Media Kit & Media Calendar; Learning How to Get Local and National Media Exposure; the Value of Piggyback Advertising; Maintaining Old and Creating New Partnerships; Creating a Greater Internet Presence: The Contemporary Brochure; Getting Published & Being Recognized as an Expert in Your Field.
- Managing Your Office: Time Management; Creating More Reliable Vendor and Client Files; Ways to Insure that the Event Day Will Be Perfect in a Day of Imperfection; Insurance/Liable Culpability, Having the Proper tools; Steps to Improve & Strengthen Your Working Relationship With Other Service Providers for a Particular Event; Creating an Event Day Schedule; Formulas for 'Things That Can Always Go Wrong' On the Event Day; Your Own Event Day Emergency Kit; Becoming More Efficiently On Top of Each Client's Event.
- One appointment to review & discuss homework and give direction specific to the individual registrant's company. Homework Assignments will be handed out at first session; successful and on-time completion is required for completion of the certification program.
JWI's program is a self certification program with national prestige and recognition. June Wedding, Inc.® certification cannot guarantee anyone's success as a sole proprietor; nor can June Wedding, Inc.® guarantee any wedding consultant's product/service. JWI requires annual proof of good businesses and license from our members and reserves the right not to renew any membership if presented with evidence that the individual is not working with the highest of ethical and business standards.
To enroll in course, the following items:
- A letter requesting enrollment
- A cashier's check or money order for 50% of the course cost (per person)
- Print out and Fill In this Seminar Contract (PDF; 176.41 kb) and send with your letter seeking to enroll in the course and your first payment.
Must be mailed to:
June Wedding, Inc.®
An Association for Event Professionals
19375 Pine Glade
Guerneville, CA 95446
Upon receipt, a contract and the manual with first assignment will be sent to you. The home study (three telephone consultations and emails & attachments) course takes three to four months to complete; upon successful completion student will be certified by JWI and allowed to use our logo and receive references.